Tuesday 19 March 2013

So it[s been a funny sort of week, and Im currently unable to locate an apostrophe or question mark on this keypad. Not too disasterous. I write to you, team, on Argentine soil- Rosie and I made it over the border without being shot\ handed to sniffer dogs as pedigree chum. Note to self, exclaiming `Jeez, I`m so chuffed we havent been imprisoned yet,`at migration control is probably not the best way to keep a low profile. I have to admit, we were rather glad to leave Florianopolis and the non.stop.rain behind us, although not before being conned onto a pirate `party` boat ( 50 Reales to spend the day flaring our arms to `Living da Vida Loca` with a bunch of 60 year olds, and hence throwing ourselves over board), Rosie discovering a new found talent for Hip Hop after several caiparinhas and having to rescue her neck from being inhaled by some slobbering Spaniard and me loosing myself in a moment of irritation and throwing my flip flop at a body guard for refusing me entry into a club oweing to my present choice of foot wear. Cheers, mate. We then embarked on our first long-haul bus ride of the trip, during which I had to endure Rosie`s putrid breath in my right ear for 18 hours and had to put up with Portugese-dubbed Snow White on repeat. The reward was waiting for us at the end of the tunnel, however, as... well Im going to hand you over to Rosie now as Im literally lost for words (further more I have flies buzzing round my head which may be an indication that I need to shower...desperately.) After arriving in Foz do Iguazu at 7 in the morning, we had to wait for another hour for the local city bus that would take us into the centre. Feeling over-tired, grundgy and having nearly lost the will to live, a glimmer of light appears at the bus station. God himself, in human form. I am not kidding when I say this, all you ladies out there will know what I mean, this man (or supernatural being) was UNBELIEVABLY GOOD LOOKING. Sod Florianopolis- its all about Foz bus shelter. When our bus finally arrived, he hopped on with us and yes he helped us with our bags and yes he decided to come to the same hostel as us, which by the way was in the middle of nowhere. IS THAT FATE OR IS THAT FATE. Question mark. Anyway, our next 2 days involved seeing the falls which were an incredible wonder of the world. Ocs and I only had one poncho to share between us so looked like a pair of idiotic siamese twins wandering around taking photos alongside the chinese with their exceptional technical tablets. I`d just like to say Mr Man or `Golden God`as we`ve now christened him came for supper with us, Octavia and I tried not to be oursleves and held back on the seconds...I`d just like to point out he was called Nick and had a great set of teeth. Slightly dodgy-he worked for a software company and wore a top inscribed with the word `dork` on it. But we can bypass that tiny blip. Ocs and I are currently in mourning over his absence and have taken to sniffing the discount ticket he handed us so kindly this morning. What a babe. He is also a good century older than us. As one always says, you can look but can`t touch. Now going back to normality...Foz was pretty cool and we only got lost once, this happened to be on the way to the Farmacia where Octavia had to play a game of charades in order to get some `Verrugas` solution for her gammy toe. This involved her literally planting her infected plate over the counter into the poor pharmacists face so he could get the correct medication. Happy days. Tomorrow we take an excursion to see the other side of the falls and maybe plunge underneath them in a boat. God be with us. Ta ra for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment